When I tell people that I study speech language pathology- the general response is something like "oh- that's awesome... what does that mean?" well the other day in one of my classes, i finally learned the technical definition of speech langauge pathology. This comes from the offical state licensing board... and is, please note, once sentence:
Speech language pathology is: "the appication of priniciples, methods, and procedures for the examination, measurement, prevention, testing, identification, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, instruction, modification, prescription, restoration, counseling, habilitation, predition, management, and research related to the development and the disorders or disabilities of human communication, speech, voice, language, cognitive communication, or oral, pharyngeal, or laryngeal sensorimotor competencies, for the purpose of identifying, evaluating, diagnosing, prescribing, prevention, managing, correcting, ameliorating, or modifying those disorders and their effects in individuals or groups of individuals."
so now we know. and knowing is half the battle.
3 comments:
Wow! What a well constructed, concise sentence..and there is a career in almost every word! It is good to know what you're studying...
you should memorize that to song, so when someone asks you what you study, you can say, "let me sing you a little song about it."
wow. the 'word verification' word I have to type in below is 'illear'
ill ear. coincidence? I think not.
knowing IS half the battle. as a child I always wanted to know what the other half was.
Post a Comment