this evening i went for a walk and was surprised by the most amazing combination of atmospherical events. 1. the sun was setting, looking good as always 2. the right side of the sky was looking like spring time 3. to the left of the sun were some ominous silhouetted mountains covered in an orange-ish grey filminess 4. further left were some super scary black clouds. 5. thunder that lasted for like 30 seconds at a time 6. lightning that didn't stop for an hour! There was seriously a flash like every 10 seconds. and it was so close that it felt like someone was taking a picture with a flash. 7. behind me were some beautiful green mountains with two full rainbows arching over them. I could see were the rainbows actually hit the ground. it was amazing. and all the while it was about 70 degrees.
I was really enjoying all of this when I realized that i was standing on top of a very high hill surrounded by nothing, making me the tallest thing around. it has been a while since i reviewed any lightening safety protocols but something told me that that was not a good thing. so i hightailed it home just as it started pouring.
3 comments:
i'm glad you got a picture. it is awesome.
That double rainbow iw wonderful...but I'm glad you got out of the rain!
I'm glad you are safe. And that you got a picture. Both things are awesome.
Post a Comment