Thursday, June 10, 2010

granola

this is by far thee best granola i have ever had. thanks to karen and carly for introducing me to it:

Combine in a large bowl:
4 3/4 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1 1/2 cup craisins and/or raisins
1 cup dried coconut
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
pretty much anything else you think would be delicious

In a separate bowl:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Stir brown sugar/spices into large bowl
Stir continuously as you drizzle
3/4 cup REAL maple syrup over mix

Spread out on one jelly roll pan,
bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like things)

eat.

oh and i'm sorry about the lack of pictures going on here but i can't get my camera to upload anything. i'm working on it.
also, i think this is my very first recipe post. congratulations me.

3 comments:

kirst said...

Want you to know that I just read this and subsequently made it. Delicious. (tho, I used sunflower instead of pumpkin and added flax. Also chocolate chips. Mmm...)

Kaity said...

oh i am so glad. those alterations sound super tasty. love you!

The Hungry Bookworm said...

Sounds yummy and healthy! I used to make granola a LONG time ago...I'll have to try this as soon as my sink gets fixed!