today my logan fam and i went to see wallE. it was great. i would highly recommend it- especially if you have an inclination towards robots or love. and especially especially if you have an inclination towards robot love, as my closest friends know i do. i learned a lot about humanity and robotity and the potential for the peaceful and productive unity of these dichotomies. wallE is a good reminder that robots should be acknowledged for their sincere kindness, not just their utility.here are some of my other favorite robots:
this is kevin, screech's robot/best friend (besides zack)
and this is "marvin, the paranoid android." he is a gpp (genuine people personality) model from hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
and i'm sure you all know johnny 5
and lastly...the classic (and classy) rock-um-sock-ums
3 comments:
My favorite of the robots mentioned is Marvin, the paranoid android. (You did know that song was written because of him, right?) I LOVE Douglas Adams and anything he writes, especially robots. There's another robot that makes a debut in another Douglas Adams work of genius entitled Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. I suggest reading that book.
Aww, you love robot love.
I remember Becca making a robot for homework when she was like 7 and being SO EXCITED because I thought it was going to be like a robo-friend who could do cool stuff and whatnot. But then in reality it was some aluminum cans glued together in a vaguely humanoid shape. I was kind of disappointed.
Post a Comment