very recently i made a goal to become incredibly well read. i asked my most literary conscious friends and family to help. in exchange for their recommendations i promised that i would write them a letter about each book i finished. hopefully this will serve as a keeping of that promise.
6 comments:
Huzzah! Blogs are a good thing. I figure it's one way to keep some kind of journal for my posterity, whenever they come along. I look forward to your coming posts!
So how long were you planning on keeping your blog a secret from me?
I love that idea. I'm sad my suggestions will take so long to get through.
I'm just finishing up a great book about women in Islamic nations- it's called Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali woman who rose to become a prominent member of the Dutch Parliament. It's a good, informative read.
Kaity,
You have to read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, because then you will have a better understanding of boys from grade school age to post college because that book is the way boys wish life was and is. Plus it is one of the most fun books I have ever read.
Hey! I'm sure you've probably read this book or at least heard about it lol. Have you read the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer? Some others I've really enjoyed are, The Count of Monte Cristo and The Sword of Shanara Series.
Post a Comment