Thursday, August 13, 2009

exadurate

something that is true about me is that i have never been able to spell the word exadurate (this is one of many words i have never been able to spell). so i was trying to figure it out by typing it into word and then using the spelling suggestions tool, ya know? but I was so far off that even word didn't know what i was trying to get at. so i resorted to google and the "did you mean ____" feature. i was disappointed when it accepted my "e x a d u r a t e" without providing an alternate. so i clicked on the first link which took me here - to the urban dictionary- which defined "exadurate" as the way that handicapped people spell the word "e x a g g e r a t e." perfect. all i needed to know. thanks urban dictionary... you are a gentleman and a scholar.
p.s. i'd just like to thank all of you who have accepted me as a semi intelligent person despite my fantasticly poor spelling skills (this excludes you, sterling). I'll have you know that I have been actively working on my spelling ability and hope to be considered a great little speller some day.

what are some words that you always misspell? Odds are that I missspell them too and I'd like to put them in my book of spelling words.

6 comments:

The Hungry Bookworm said...

I always had trouble with adding ing to the verb "come"...like are you comming to the party or are you coming to the party...(the 2nd is correct)...

Jess Mac said...

hahaha oh, urban dictionary. I have trouble with harrass. Even now I don't know if that is correct, it could be one 'r'. That word got me out of a spelling bee in the FIRST ROUND when I was a junior in college. english major. embarrasing.

Seriously... said...

the funny thing is i read your title and didn't even know it was misspelled until you explained that it was misspelled

Sterling said...

You're right. I don't consider you semi-intelligent.

Jennifer Ricks said...

Umm, on Sunday I spelled "maternity" as "maturnity" on four different Relief Society flyers! Which is a great occasion to let you know that the stork is coming to our house in February! :)

kirst said...

definitely.
i spell it definately every time. EVERY BLASTED TIME. i even know that i do it...and still do it. which i feel is worse than spelling it wrong in the first place.
change is so HARD.