Friday, June 26, 2009

on boston

so. about 48 hours ago, i moved to boston, massachusetts. it's good. i've wanted to move to boston for the past year and a half...don't ask me why- i do not know. just an irrational eastward compulsion i guess. you know how that goes...(right?) anyway- boston is great. it's a lot like san francisco, if you have had the pleasure. i feel kind of lame because i've been doing lots of internship related responsible productive things and haven't given being a tourist my full attention. but don't worry! i'll get on that asap.
i would post pictures of my super cute house and super nice roommates etc... but i left my camera cable (and my heart) in san fransico. so, shoot. but luckily i have a kindly mother who has put said cable in the mail so i'll post some pictures next week when it arrives.
tonight was kind of fun- I hopped on "the T" and went downtown to explore. one of my favorite things is that right in between all the cool buildings and shops there are a bunch of old (like 1600's old) cemeteries. they are awesome. tonight i saw the cemetery where samuel adams, paul revere, john hancock, and benjamin franklin's parents are buried. it kind of gave me the jibblies, but in a good way.
i'm really excited to go to church/meet people and start work and have fun and live in boston.

sorry about the no pictures- hopefully this google image will quell your anger.





2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Kaity, my long lost kid! I wondered where you went and now I know. So I'll be there to pick you up the first 2 weeks of August. no joke. Don't run away, ok? See you in a month!

Jaclyn said...

I have always to live in Boston-- hope you're still loving it! That's a brave move by the way--